I like to challenge myself, so I have decided to dedicate a page to goals. I have set goals for my portfolio, twitter account and blog. These goals will be challenging but I believe I can succeed and accomplish them.
Goals For 2020
Increase the money in the following accounts
- Yearly Bills – increase to $2,400 up from $1,703
- Car Fund – increase to $3,000 up from $753.47
- Travel Fund – increase to $2,500 up from $720.89
- Future Housing – increase to $5,000 up from $2,454.50
- Max out my TFSA contribution room which as of Jan 1st stood at $19,124.38
- Receive $9,500 in dividend income
- Increase forward income to $10,000
- Get more diversified buy an ex Canada ETF and contribute monthly
Goals for 2017
- Receive $4,000 in dividends Success total was $4,312.17
- Invest $4,000 Success total was $5,606.09
This year I want to see if I can increase my income by $500 with the stocks I have I believe I can reach the $4k mark. For investing I have decided to once again to keep my goal at $4k the reason for this is I won’t be able to invest as much this year as I did in 2016. I will say why below in the personal finance section.
- 1,500 followers Failed ended up with 1,460
Even though last year I did not meet my goal I am going to increase it this year. In 10 months in 2016 I gained 535 so I think I can add 712 in 12 months.
- 15,000 page views Success I had 16,268
- 30 Subscribers/followers Success I had 41 at the end of the year
This year I am only going with two goals, for page views I am keeping the same goal, I want to see if I can meet my goal before increasing it. I have lowered my subscriber/follower number as last year I made a wild guess, last year I had 6 so let’s see if I can grow that number.
- Destroy my $3,818 loan I owe Success I paid this off in April
- Boost my saving’s to $6,000 Success saving’s were increased to $10,431.21
This year I have decided to focus on improving my finances which affects my investing so that is why I have added these to this post and site. I currently have a loan in which I owe $3,818 I want to pay this off quickly. Once that is paid out I will focus on building my savings, In savings I currently have $2,500 I don’t have much of a cushion if something were to happen such as my car breaking down, or needing a new laptop (my currently one is six years old) etc…
Goals for 2016
- Receive $3,500 in dividends Success
- Invest $4,000 Success
I have decided to only make two goals for my portfolio this year as I try and keep things simple. Last year I received $2,426.28 in dividends so I have set my sights on increasing that my another $1000 this year. With my recent investments in February and with dividend increases that have been announced this year I believe I can accomplish my goal. My second goal of $4,000 is a goal of mine because I currently have a low income job so money is tight, I usually invest around $2,500 each year but I want to push myself to invest more.
- 1000 followers Fail
I have set an ambitious goal of reaching 1000 followers by the end of this year. I currently have 253 followers, I am coming off of my best month in which I received 104 new followers in February.
- 15,000 page views Fail
- 100 subscribers to blog Fail
- 45 posts Fail
Being brand new to blogging I wasn’t sure how high to set these goals. I believe these will be tough to achieve since we are now into March but I will give it my all to reach these numbers. For posts my goal is to create one post per week minimum.