Hello everyone and welcome to my May income report. This is my favourite post to write as I get to share with you how I did in the past month. The month of May was a busy one for my portfolio I had a couple of buys and some dividend increases from my investments. My income was down slightly from last May that is due to my decision to sell Proctor & Gamble last year.
My portfolio currently consists of 25 stocks and 1 ETF, they are split into two accounts the Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) and the Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP). I received $284.35 in May, my TFSA account received $100.84 and my RRSP account received $183.51.
|Boardwalk Real Estate Investment Trust||$17.63|
|The Keg Royalties Income Fund||$15.24|
|Artis Real Estate Investment Trust||$13.95|
|Boston Pizza Royalties Fund||$12.31|
|Royal Bank of Canada||$66.99|
|Bank of Montreal||$62.48|
|BMO US Dividend ETF||$31.29|
|Pizza Pizza Royalty Corp||$16.76|
2016 vs 2017 Dividends
As you can see compared to last May my income decreased by $4.18. The drop was due to my selling Proctor & Gamble shares last year. I almost got my income back up to the same level thanks to dividend increases from several stocks and a couple of acquisitions.
Dividends Year to Date
In the first five months of 2017 I have received a total of $1,764.16. I have set a goal this year of receiving $4,000. In June if all goes well I should receive over $300 and with June ending the first half of 2017 that would put me on the path to achieving my goal.
I made two purchases in May.
- May 9th purchased 23 shares of Power Corp (ticker : POW) @$31
- May 11th purchased 25 shares of Enbridge (ticker : ENB) @$54.85
May has busy for me in this area, I received 4 increases.
- May 4th Enbridge raised the dividend 5% to $0.61 from $0.583. This is the second raise from Enbridge this year.
- May 9th Telus raised their dividend to $0.4925 from $0.48.
- May 9th Power Corp raised their dividend 7% to $0.3585 from $0.3350
- May 24th Bank of Montreal raised their dividend 2.3% to $0.90 from $0.88
So that wraps up my May income report. I hope you all had a great month and received lots of dividends. I would like to thank you for reading I appreciate your support.