Hi everyone it’s the first week of April so that means it’s time for my favourite post. I hope you all had a terrific month and collected lots of dividends. March for me was fantastic I had the best month since becoming a dividend investor in terms of receiving dividends. For the first time ever I collected over $400.
My total for March was $424.96 last month compared to $249.31 in March 2016. I had 14 companies and 1 ETF pay me. My portfolio consists of two accounts the Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP). In my TFSA I received $177.03 which is a record a big reason why was a special dividend paid by ZCL Composites Inc. For my RRSP account I received $247.93.
|ZCL Composites Inc||$82.55|
|Boardwalk Real Estate Investment Trust||$17.63|
|The Keg Royalties Income Fund||$15.24|
|Artis Real Estate Investment Trust||$13.95|
|Boston Pizza Royalties Fund||$12.31|
|BMO US Dividend ETF||$29.50|
|Pizza Pizza Royalty Corp||$16.76|
|Power Corp of Canada||$12.06|
Red is 2017 and Blue is 2016.
In March I made two purchases one purchase was for each account.
- March 7th I purchased 100 shares of Exco Technologies
- March 8th I purchased 273 shares of Chorus Aviation
I received two increases plus a special dividend in March.
- On March 8th ZCL Composites Inc announced a 50% increase to the quarterly dividend increasing it to $0.12 from $0.08.
- Also ZCL Composites announced a special dividend of $0.65
- On March 21st BMO announced a distribution increase for US BMO Dividend ETF. It now pays a monthly dividend of $0.07 instead of $0.06600.
So folks that is my report for the month of March I hope you enjoyed reading it. Please share I always appreciate that 🙂 I hope you all had a great month as well.
Thanks for reading