Hello everybody I hope you are all doing great. First off I have been really busy and haven’t been able to write a post in awhile. I hope everyone had an outstanding month of March and increased your dividend income.
After a very busy February my portfolio returned back to normal. March was great for me and also very quiet for me no purchases were made. At the moment I am just sitting back and watching the dividends role in. In March I had 12 companies pay me dividends by far the busiest month I have ever had. The income received for the month was $243.39 that is an increase of $78.95 compared to March 2015. I received $64.58 in my TFSA account. For my RRSP account I received $178.81.
My portfolio consists of two accounts Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP). I had five companies from my TFSA and seven companies from my RRSP pay me in March.
- Boardwalk Real Estate Investment Trust $13.13
- Chorus Aviation $10.84
- Artis Real Estate Investment Trust $13.77
- Keg Royalties Income Fund $14.53
- Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund $12.31
- Canadian Utilities $41.93
- Fortis $60.00
- Enbridge $49.29
- Pizza Pizza Royalty Corp. $16.24
- Magna International $5.92
- Power Corp of Canada $11.21
- Westjet 0.14
Through my discount brokerage I am involved in Dividend Reinvestment Plans for all my my stocks, The DRIP that I have is called a Synthetic DRIP with this I can only purchase whole shares any partial amounts are returned to me in cash. Through my DRIP I received 6 shares this month and they are:
- 1 share of Chorus Aviation
- 1 share of Artis Real Estate Investment Trust
- 1 share of Canadian Utilities
- 1 share of Fortis
- 1 share of Enbridge
- 1 share of Pizza Pizza Royalty Corp.
Dividends In 2016
Through the first three months of 2016 I have received a total of $753.94. In 2015 at this time I had received $556.07 so I have increased my income year over year by 135% I am all smiles when I see this number.
How did everyone else do in March? Please let me know how you did in March and through the first three months of 2016.